I have been thinking quite a bit about the goal that I want to work towards.
Initially, I figured I needed to join a sport of some sort since it would be easier to visualize. So maybe working towards a body competition, you know, the fit ladies who are super tanned in skimpy bikinis? I had a friend who was into it and I know she devotes an inordinate amount of time to prepare for it. I then remembered that I am an introvert and doing anything on stage practically naked is probably not a good idea.
So what about rock climbing, boxing, cycling, triathlons, half marathons, power-lifting, etc.? It dawned on me that choosing a specific sport too soon is too much commitment in time and money for something I don’t know if I will like just so I can force myself into a goal.
I figured I should start with the journey before I determine an “end goal.” So ultimately, I decided that…
- I want to get into the best shape I have ever been
- I want to incorporate exercise videos into my life as a daily habit (I want to feel weird if I go a day without doing it)
- I want to be able to develop my cardio endurance enough so that I can participate in a 5k without stopping, maybe in a Disneyworld 5k!
- I want to be able to do a proper pull-up/chin-up, 5 total! (for now)
- Lastly, I want to be able to do a hand stand, hand stand push-up, and maybe walk on my hands!
Yes, that’s literally it. Those are the goals for now. I would like to learn how to swim eventually and maybe even do a proper cartwheel. Heck, I might even work up into playing basketball or some kind of adult sports league. We’ll see!